RISC Compliant Agent Network (CAN)
Thank you for your interest regarding membership in the RISC Compliant Agent Network (CAN). We sincerely appreciate the opportunity to offer you membership into our national organization as a professional practitioner within the collateral recovery industry.
Membership in RISC CAN entitles you to the many benefits and discounts shown on our website, www.RiscUS.com, as well as coverage under our $1 million Client Protection Bond. Membership into RISC CAN is reserved for those professional practitioners who meet the standards as specified in our code of ethics and who pass the vetting process.
Please take a moment to fill out our brief questionnaire as you will not be able to access the RISC CAN Application until we have gathered some basic information about your company.
Questions? Please call us Toll Free at (866) 996- RISC (7472)
As a member you will receive the following benefits:
- $1 million Client Protection Bond
- Company Compliance Profile - a comprehensive profile of your company that is designed to keep your company compliant with current CFPB mandates. The company profile includes:
- Company information
- Services the agency provides
- A copy of your insurance Acord and Workers Comp certificate (if applicable)
- Copies of applicable licenses
- A list of storage lots
- Storage lot inspection reports
- Listing of all your employees along with their own profile
- Compliance Documents – All necessary compliance documents are within the member dashboard area. You can also utilize the RISC Compliance and Operations Manual which is designed to assist you in all areas of CFPB compliance.
- Discounts on all RISC services including:
- The C.A.R.S. National Certification Program
- The Skiptracers National Certification Program
- Continuing Education courses to maintain your C.A.R.S. Plus CE designation
- I-Repo Vendor Comply
- Locksmith training
- Key Codes
- Key Blanks
- Best Practices – Business Forms Area – Documents designed to improve your company’s top and bottom lines. The forms encompass:
- Human Resources
- View Screenshot
- Educational Seminars – as RISC conducts webinars and seminars across the country, these webinars are put online within the member dashboard to access at any time.
- Marketing Brochure – a brochure is created for marketing your company and is updated immediately as your comprehensive profile is updated.
- Repossession Case Law – specific case law and opinions for every state
- Repo’s by Dummies - repossession articles specific to wrongful repossessions.
- Benefits Area – discounts on products and services from various vendors
- Risk management training and consulting
- Expert opinions on legal questions and issues.
- Licensed insurance consultant on staff to assist members
- Business Consulting
- Legislative Template and Industry Synopsis for those who are interested in state regulations
- RISC membership fee is paid for annually.
Please take a moment to fill out our brief questionnaire as you will not be able to access the RISC Agent Application until we have gathered some basic information about your company.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Why was RISC CAN (Compliant Agent Network) formed?
First and foremost RISC was formed to help collateral recovery agents improve their bottom line through a variety of services which includes risk management training, agency vetting, agent compliance tracking, agent compliance training, collateral recovery training, professional certification, locksmith training, locksmith supplies, key codes, job placement and recruitment services, and business consulting.
Q. How are RISC CAN members different from trade association members?
RISC is not a trade association or marketing association. Industry trade associations do an outstanding job in marketing and advocating on behalf of their members, and we encourage all agents to participate and be active in available organizations.
RISC CAN Members are vetted based on objective compliance criteria. RISC CAN Members are complementary to industry trade associations as they have met criteria to be a RISC CAN Member and can showcase their company via their trade association or online via the RISC website.
Q. Will RISC market and advertise my business if I become a RISC CAN member?
The answer is that you, as a RISC CAN member, have the ability to market yourself via your RISC CAN profile. Your company can be searched and found on the RISC website by a lender and with your permission the lender can access your unique RISC CAN profile.
Our goal at RISC is to provide the agency owner the tools needed to showcase their professional competency to your client and prospective clients. It’s up to the agency owner to differentiate his operation from competition.
Q. What does it cost for an agency to qualify for RISC CAN membership?
To become a member of RISC CAN you must apply as an agency. Once you become a RISC CAN member you receive; a $1 Million Client Protection Bond, 15% discount off the retail price to any service we offer including the Certified Asset Recovery Specialist® (CARS®) Program and Continuing Education Programs, Key Codes, Key Blanks, Locksmith training, etc. By utilizing our services your membership will pay for itself.
The annual subscription fee is only $795.00, which can be financed monthly. There is a one-time initial application fee of $295.00 to determine qualification. The $295.00 application fee also includes one office-lot inspection and one background check.
Remember our primary goal is to provide our member’s education and training in areas of compliance and risk management. Once compliant, our goal is to keep you compliant through our use of technology and updated compliance documents. We are the best value in the recovery industry as no one can match our services and value.
To qualify for the RISC Compliant Agent Network (RISC CAN) membership:
- You must not have had an insurance policy or bond cancelled or denied or presently be charged or convicted of any felony within the past 5 years.
- The owner/applicant is required to be C.A.R.S.® certified.
- The company cannot be in active bankruptcy.
- All storage lots must be inspected. The cost per lot inspection is $125.00. One storage lot inspection is included in the application fee. Each storage lot must be inspected annually.
- Background check(s) required on all owner(s). One background check is included in the application fee.
- Upon request RISC can assist you in conducting an employee background check. Cost is $45.00 per background check run.
- Your unique agency profile must be completed in its entirety. A staff member of RISC will help you with your updating your profile.
RISC membership fees can be paid either on a monthly basis or at the time you are approved for membership
To apply for your RISC Agent Alliance membership, simply complete the pre-application.
We appreciate your inquiry.
RISC originally designed its services around the needs of collateral recovery agents and agency owners. Since inception our purpose is to improve the Industry through each of our services and strive to continually do so.
However, with great success and word of mouth RISC has gained notoriety in different Industries that revolve around the collateral recovery Industry. And since much of what we've designed is meant to improve a business it bridges many industries.
Therefore with much excitement RISC has now expanded our membership to 'associates'. The membership documents, training, compliance, and services will be offered to the business owner regardless of the type of Industry you're in.
Click 'Become A Member' to create your membership account. There is a $375.00 processing/application fee. It is non-refundable. The price for membership is annual and membership begins the day of payment.
Become Associate Member
Questions? Please call us Toll Free at (866) 996- RISC (7472)
As an Associate Member you will receive the following benefits:
- Access to the seminars and webinars as they are given across the country
- 15% discount on all RISC services including the C.A.R.S. educational course, Continuing Education courses, Locksmith training, key codes and key blanks. View Dashboard
- Business Documents to include: View Screenshot
- Disaster Planning
- CFPB complaint handling
- Red Flags Rules
- Best Practices Forms related to: Human Resources, Marketing, and Operations.
- State Specific Case Law Commentary
- News Articles
- Job placement and recruitment services.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What does it take to qualify as an Associate Member?
Any business that wants to take advantage of our business building material, compliance, and training material may do so. There is no screening process to become an Associate member. Associate members can be from any industry.
Q. What are the differences between an Associate Member and an Agent Alliance Member?
Many offerings and services are the same. Associate members are provided the same educational and training resources as an Agent Alliance Member. Associate members do not undergo a criminal background check, do not receive a company profile, nor have their facility inspected.
RISC Agent Alliance Members receive ongoing compliance verification, a unique company ID, a website, a $1 Million client protection bond, a marketing brochure, a lender marketing list, and other benefits outlined. Agent Alliance Membership is solely for the benefit of the collateral recovery agency.
Q. Will RISC market and advertise my business if I become a RISC Associate member?
The answer is no. We are not a marketing organization or advertising medium and as such we will not produce a publication or online directory.