Important Notice Concerning Customer Privacy
Last updated: December 1, 2020
Information We Collect
Personal information is captured when you register for or access our Services, or contact us. The information that we receive and collect depends in part on what you do when you access our Services or how you contact us. For example, if you should email us, sign up for newsletters, or use the Contact Us tool to request information or make specific inquiries regarding any of our products or services, you may provide us with personally identifiable information, such as your name, company name, e-mail address, phone number, and other similar information as you may elect to share. It is possible to browse our website without actively submitting any personally identifiable information.
Automatically Collected Information
Every time you visit this website, install or access our Services, or contact us, some information is automatically collected about you. This information may include, but is not limited to, some or all of the following items: the specific pages, buttons, images, videos, links, or forms that you access through our Services; the unique device identifier of your computer, smartphone, tablet, or other electronic or mobile device (collectively, “Device”), the type and version of Internet browser software and operating system you use and your Internet service provider; date, time, and duration of your use of the Services; your IP address; your domain; type of Device; your Device’s mobile operating system, mobile network provider, and mobile phone number; and the location of your Device, and demographic information concerning the country of origin of your Device and the languages it uses.
Our website and mobile applications do not respond to web browser “do not track” signals or other similar mechanisms regarding the collection of personal information.
Information Collected via Cookies
Third Party Information Collection
When you access or use our Services, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your Device. These third parties may include, the manufacturer of your Device, the web browser that you use, your mobile network provider and/or your Internet service provider. The information these third parties collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, applications and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based advertising or other targeted content. We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible service provider directly to obtain instructions for how to opt-out of having your information collected or used in this way.
How we use and share your information
Most of the information we collect is used to help deliver the services that our clients and customers request. It also may permit us to design and offer specific products and services that will be useful to our clients, our clients’ customers, and our customers, or that provide benefits, additional value or discounts. From time to time, we may share information that personally identifies you to RISC affiliates and to other non-affiliated entities including in the following manner:
- As may be required to deliver the requested services including sharing selected information with lenders, repossession professionals, forwarders, our wireless service providers, credit card processors, data management companies, and others;
- In connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, restructuring, the sale of some or all of our equity and/or assets, or other corporate change of control, including during the course of any due diligence process related to such corporate change;
- In response to judicial proceeding, subpoena, court order or other legal process;
- To comply with legal, regulatory or administrative requirements of governmental authorities;
- To protect the rights or property of RISC, its clients, suppliers or customers, and to enforce the provisions of our terms or policies, in cases of customer fraud or disputes, and/or to prevent harm to you or others;
- For marketing and other business purposes; or
- As permitted or required by law or as authorized by you.
- Some of our services may rely upon location information, including showcasing the location of a job opportunity. To provide such services, we (and our affiliates, clients and partners) may transmit, collect, maintain, process and use your location data, including the real-time geographic location of your Device. Your use of the products and/or services, whether through the Services, or through another website, mobile application, phone or other electronic means constitutes your consent for us (and our affiliates, clients and partners) to transmit, collect, maintain, process and use of your location data (including the location of your Device) to provide such services. The location data is collected in a form that personally identifies you.
- You agree that we may collect and use technical and related information, including but not limited to information about your Device, system, application software, peripherals, and other similar information that is gathered periodically to facilitate the provision of software updates, product support and other services to you (if any) related to the Services. We may also use this information to operate and improve the Services, our products and/or services or to provide better services or technologies to you moving forward; to create aggregated and anonymized information to determine which website and application features are most popular, useful to users, and for other statistical analysis; and to customize the content or services in, or the communications sent to you through, the Services.
- You acknowledge and agree that communications, including phone calls or “chat” services, with RISC or its third-party agents may be monitored, recorded and retained by RISC.
- Submitting your telephone number (including a mobile phone number) and email address constitute your express consent for RISC to contact you via such telephone or email address either through a direct call, automated dialer, interactive voice response, SMS text message or email (i) in response to your inquiries, (ii) in connection with the services requested, (iii) to confirm customer satisfaction, (iv) to inform you of updated features and services, and (v) to manage your account.
Our definition of personally identifiable information does not include “aggregate” information. Aggregate information is data we collect about a group or category of products, services or customers, from which individual customer identities have been removed. In other words, information about how you use a product and/or service may be collected and combined with information about how others use the same product and/or service, but no personally identifiable information will be included in the resulting data. Likewise, information about the products and/or services you purchase and/or use may be collected and combined with information about the products and/or services purchased and/or used by others. We may disclose to third parties aggregated information about our users, such as aggregated user statistics and log data and other information that does not identify any individual or Device, without restriction.
We maintain security standards that are designed to help us protect your information. While we use such security standards, we cannot guarantee that personally identifiable information you submit on this website will be secure, or that the services will be uninterrupted or error-free.
Our website contains links to and from other websites. RISC makes no representations whatsoever about any other websites or applications that you may have accessed from, or may access through, the Services. RISC is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of those websites and applications and RISC expressly disavows any liability whatsoever for use of such websites and applications. It is up to you to take precautions to ensure that whatever you select for your use is free of items of a destructive nature.
Notice to Persons Accessing this Website Outside the United States
RISC has its headquarters in Tampa, Florida in the United States. Information we collect from you will be processed in the United States. Any information you provide to us will be transferred out of your country and into the U.S. If you do not want your personally identifiable information to leave your country, do not provide the information to us. By providing personally identifiable information to us, you explicitly consent to the transfer of your information to the U.S. Personally identifiable information collected on RISC sites and services may be stored and processed in the U.S. or any other country in which RISC or its affiliates, subsidiaries or service providers maintain facilities. With respect to personally identifiable information collected by RISC regarding an EU resident, such person may contact our Data Protection Officer with any questions regarding accessing or correcting their data.
Data Protection Officer
RISC has appointed an internal data protection officer for you to contact if you have any questions or concerns about RISC’s data protection policies or practices, about this policy, and regarding removing you from promotional mailing or e-mail lists. Please include enough information so we can contact you. Requests will be processed as soon as practical. RISC’s data protection officer’s contact information are as follows:
Data Protection Officer RISC
PO Box 2971
Tampa FL 33601